Monday, February 13, 2006

The Power of a Praying Wife

As of last Thursday I was told that I would spend the rest of my time with SAIC at the Pentagon. While “the Building,” as it is called by those in the know, is a fine place to work, I have not been looking forward to the many difficulties it would bring. Metro in to DC, the lack of flexibility, and filing an expense report that would not be processed until I had left the company are all frustration that I have not been looking forward to. That being said, I was prepared to go. SAIC has been great to me and if there was anything I could do to help the company, and more specifically my boss, then I was ready to do it. Since I first expressed these feelings to Emille she said “I am going to start praying that you don’t have to go.” I thought this was nice gesture, but I told her that it was already set in stone and I was just waiting to get the green light. Fast forward to this morning…I received a call from the Building informing me that they had tailored a project for me so that I could work it from the Towers. I was skipping around the office as soon as I got the news. I was just so amazed. I called Emille and when I told her I expected her to be so excited. Instead she flatly said “That’s great, but I am really not surprised, I told you I would pray for that.” I admit, this is not a big story or anything, but If you could have heard it yourself I am sure you would have been encouraged by my wife’s faith, just as I was.

2 Comments:

Blogger jaime s said...

I was definitely encouraged by Emille's prayer. What a great reminder for me to actually pray about situations instead of just hoping they will turn out a certain way.

Thanks for sharing!

Jaime

10:14 AM

 
Blogger sj said...

Way to go...way to confidently pray sweet Em...I am always so encouraged by people who pray and then EXPEXT God to act!!!
love you all loads...mom

12:50 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home