Thursday, February 09, 2006

Nothing Sweeter Than a Quick Learner

It worked for Ma Ma!

Last night as Emille and I were putting Bailey to bed she asked “Ma Ma night night in my bed peese?” How can anyone turn down a sweet offer like that, especially from a sweet girl that has not been feeling well? So we said our prayer and I left to play with Brylee in the living room. After several minutes I heard Emille call out for me and so I went in to find Emille on the floor stretching her back and Bailey leaning over the rails of her bed, reaching and crying for Emille to get back in the bed. Emille turned to me and said “I don’t know why but my back just started having spasms and it really hurt. “Could you stay in here with Bailey for a while?” I, of course agreed. Emille then turned to Bailey and said “I am sorry sweet girl but Mother’s back hurts and I need to go take some medicine.” She then slowly crawled out so that Bailey would not start crying loudly and wake up the already sleeping Brylee. So there we were, Bailey and I, in the dark of the girl’s room. She started asking to get out of bed and I repeatedly told her “No, it is time to sleep now, I love you.” After several minutes of this I stood up to leave because Bailey had calmed down and was almost asleep. As soon as I stood up she made another request to get up saying “Da Da, out peese?” “No Bailey, it is time to rest,” I said as I turned to leave. “Da Da!” I turned again to look at my sweet girl and to hear the question I already knew she was going to ask. In the dark room I could still make out her sweet face and tiny body in the white cotton, feeted pajamas with pink, green, and red polka dots. “Da Da, Out peese, my back hurt!”

1 Comments:

Blogger leslie said...

That's genious. Smart little cutie!! I love stories like that!

7:36 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home