Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Pictures coming soon

A Great Weekend

We are all still recovering form the great four day weekend that we had in Baird, TX. We had so much fun hanging out with my family. I am not sure that Bailey will even talk to Emille and I when she wakes up this morning to find that we have taken her back to Virginia. Perhaps the most fun thing was watching my family love on her and watching her love on them in return. It really made Emille and I long to be back in Texas. The weather was perfect and Bailey played outside all weekend long. She loved riding four-wheelers with her cousins and constantly sliding down the “wheee.” While on the plane from Abilene to DFW, Emille asked Bailey what she was going to name her new baby doll she got for Christmas she quickly replied, “Beck.” She loves her aunt Becky. On the second leg of our trip we watched as Bailey tried to get comfortable to sleep and would hug her doll and say “oh, baby Beck, night night.”

One Shot, One Kill

When Emille and I stopped at the Chili’s in DFW airport on the way back I asked her, “Bailey, what was your favorite thing about being at the ranch?” She quickly replied. “Deer” and then held up her hands (attempting to make a gun) and made a “pow” sound. I have rarely been more proud. This weekend was a weekend of firsts for my wife. It was her first time she went hunting, her first time to shoot a rifle and the first time to kill a deer. Saturday evening Emille and I were in the stand and she made the perfect (could not have been a better shot) shot on a buck at about 100 yards. At first we thought it was a spike, but upon greater inspection found that if you counted the brow tines and kickers it was a 5-point (honestly, it was the ugliest set of horns I have ever seen). She definitely did her part to clean up the deer gene pool at my parent’s ranch.

A Great Christmas

We had a great Family Christmas time as well. It was so much fun to see the kids open up their gifts. They were all so excited to open the gifts. I really could write pages and pages about this weekend. We had so much fun. It could have only been better if the Vaughns had been there.

In short, Emille and I both killed a deer (5 and 9 point respectively), Bailey got to feed the cows, ride four-wheelers, We all got to go to the Christmas lights in Clyde, ate some incredible food, hang out with family, talk to and about the Vaughns, share communion together at the ranch and Emille and I had it reinforced in our minds how much we long to move back to Texas.

Oh yeah, did I mention my little brother Andy graduated from ACU Friday night. We are all so proud of him and can’t wait to see what the Lord has planned for him.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kelly Vaughn said...

What an awesome description of the weekend. My heart was with you all for sure. We loved getting the 10 second videos from Andy's phone. We watched them repeatedly. It was so fun to hear everyone's voices and laughter. We have a great family. ...Hey we got word today that we received all of the packages from Lael's shower. They are in Judy's office in Cotonou. Hopefully we will be getting our hands on them in the next few days. We are beside ourselves with excitement! Especially Lael!:)
Love you so much!
Kelly

12:06 PM

 
Blogger Sam said...

Emille and I tooko that last bit of stuff that was too heavy/big to mail to Baird with us this weekend. Mom and dad will have it with them, including the cool diaper bag Emille picked out for you. Love you guys a lot and sure missed y'all this weekend.

Sam

1:38 PM

 
Blogger James M. said...

Glad you had a wonderful time with your family. I had a surprise for if you would have been able to come over. You see I have this television that I needed to drop from a very high place. . .

I'm glad you had such fun and am upset that you didn't go to Highland. We even saved you seats. Oh well maybe when you get your priorities straight we can get together.

Congratulatioins Andy, Job well done.

5:41 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Emille rocks! Love the pic of you two sitting on the deer......I am super impressed at her shooting skills! I'm so glad you guys had a fantastic time with family- you deserve it!

10:14 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home