Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Bathroom Humor

During my time here on Post I am constantly reminded that things are run a little different on a military installation. No story exemplifies this better that what just happened to me. I was in the Men's restroom standing at the sink washing my hands. As I was appraoching the sink a man followed me into the restroom and headed for a stall. Once the door was shut I heard many of the sounds that we men know as signs that someone is, shall we say, "settling in", namely the unfolding of the Sports Section. As I turn to dry my hands the bathroom door opens and a lady walks in and pulls in her mop bucket behind her. As she pulls the mop out of the bucket to start cleaning up I nod towards the stall and whisper, "Someone is still in there." Hearing this the lady does not bat an eye and says in a normal voice "that's fine." Somewhat alarmed at hearing a disctictly female voice (and no doubt peeking through the cracks at the hinge of the stall door) our now immobile sportsfan coughs and says "excuse me, someone is still in here (as though we were supposed to guess who it was)." To this the lady responds, "Honey, Don't worry, I don't want to be in that stall any more than you want me in there, I will just mop up out here and I'll clean up in there whenever you are finished. With this. I left the bathroom, assured that he did not make it to the second page.

4 Comments:

Blogger leslie said...

What is this I just read on Kelly's blog about ya'll coming to Abilene?! If you come here and don't call us, I will be very upset. And James will too. So there.

8:33 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

That is hillarious. Your "Bailey picture taking strategy" is smart & funny- that girl is such a cutie. How did her tubes surgery go? Have a great time in Abilene!

7:38 AM

 
Blogger Sam said...

Bailey is doing great. Emille and I were amazed at how fast it was over. We were only seperated from her for about 15 minutes and she was fine as soon as the anethesia wore off. She slept like a log yesterday for about 4 hours and then we all loaded up in the UCAV and went to Dulles Town Center to let her ride the Carousel. She loved it and then I took her to the play area while Emille nursed Brylle. She loved going down the slides, which she calls "Wheees" (as in what you say when you are sliding down one). I literally let her run from one end of the mall to the other. She was having a blast. When it was all over I started putting on her shoes and she started saying "no shoes, more wheee, no home, more wheee" SHe went home and slept like a log and woke up happy as a lark. the doctors said that she would probably feel better almost immediatley becasue of the relieved pressure. that certainly seems to be the case.

7:50 AM

 
Blogger Sam said...

can you tell I love talking about my sweet kids?

7:51 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home