Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Da Da needs some lessons

Emille is currently working one 12-hour night shift per week. As a result, when Emille has to work on a night prior to one of my workdays we have a arrangement where one of our friends keeps Bailey for the morning so that Emille can rest. The truly tragic part of this is that it means I have to dress Bailey on those mornings. I am pretty confident in my ability to put together a cute outfit for her, although she looks cute in a paper sack, seriously, we put a paper sack on her and took a picture, it was really cute. But I am at a loss as to what to do with her beautiful curly hair (Her hair is halfway down her back when it is wet and not to her shoulders when it is dry). She is a daily victim of some amazing bed hair so leaving it as is is not an option. I have tried pulling it back into a ponytail, because that sounded simplest to me. Last week she looked like she was straight out of the “Last of the Mohicans” and this week she looked like a tiny Founding Father. There is obviously some trick that I am not picking up on. Bailey is clueless. I showed her herself in the mirror this morning and she said "Oh, dantu (thank you) da da!"

1 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

I can so relate to this. This is the case with both Gracie and Makalah's hair. Bailey's hair sounds just like Makalah's. Try leave in conditioner, comb or brush through and leave it like that. Practice makes perfect on the pony tail. Dog ears are nice. If all else fails a colorful turbine will do in a pinch. They say bed head is "IN" but I don't think attracting homeless rats is such a great idea.
Julie

1:09 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home