Friday, November 07, 2008

Tilling the Soil

Below are a few quotes that I will use to soften the ground for my upcoming blog post on a topic that I have run into more than I care to:


"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- George Orwell

“Do you know what a soldier is, young man? He's the chap who makes it possible for civilized folk to despise war.”- Allan Massie

A young man who does not have what it takes to perform military service is not likely to have what it takes to make a living. --John F. Kennedy

Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier. --Samuel Johnson—

My chief concern is to try to be an humble, earnest Christian. --Robert E. Lee

“The pacifist is as surely a traitor to his country and to humanity as is the most brutal wrongdoer”
-Theodore Roosevelt

Why can't I just eat my waffle?
-Pres-elect Barrack Obama

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it. - Jack Handey

1 Comments:

Blogger Jan Kelley said...

I am thrilled you are posting. I love postings by a "thinker" , and you, my dear nephew, are a thinker. Jack Handy? What in the world do you have in store for your readers? in anticipation of things and thoughts to come, may i remain, your humble admirer. jk

10:06 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home